CH340 USB Arduino
The USB Serial CH340 chip has been used on the Arduino clone board. With a price that is relatively cheaper than other USB to serial ICs, this chip is in great demand for USB to Microcontroller communication. CH340 is a chip that can convert data from USB to serial data. In addition, based on the datasheet, this chip can also convert USB data into IrDA infrared data. One of the very small variants is the CH340 E. In this article I will share CH340E Schematic USB to Serial.
CH340E Chip Features
The CH340 is widely used besides being cheap, this chip has features that are not inferior to other USB to Serial chips, including:
- Has an internal crystal for the clock
- Has a high speed suitable for USB 2.0
- Can be used on Linux, Windows and Mac (driver)
- Supports Serial baud rate speeds from 50bps to 2Mbps
- Supports Infrared IrDA SIR baud rate speed from 2400bps to 115200bps
- Supports various types of liaison MODEM signals such as DTR, RTS, RI, DCD, DSR and CTS
- Supports conversion to RS232, RS485, RS422 and others
- For details, see the datasheet under this article.
There are various types of variants of the CH340 USB Serial chip, namely CH340G, CH340C, CH340B, CH340T, CH340N, CH340K, and CH340E.
CH340G is the variant most often used in Arduino clone because it is cheap, but this variant requires an external crystal. There are also variants that already have internal crystals in them, including the CH340E, CH340N, CH340C, CH340K, and CH340B. One of them already has an internal EEPROM, namely CH340B.
This CH340 can be used with various OS such as Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8/7 / VISTA / XP, Server 2016/2012/2008/2003, 2000 / ME / 98, Linux, and Mac.
You can download the driver directly according to the OS you have below.
If the link above doesn’t work. you can visit the CH340 download page here.
In this article, I will share the CH340E circuit (CH340 Schematic). I have tried this circuit on the board that I made (in the photo above) to send and receive data.
On the next page, I provide a complete schematic of this CH340E IC.