WordPress SEO Setup
List of WordPress SEO Plugin and Setup Recommended – WordPress is indeed the most widely used by webmasters compared to Blogger because it has many advantages such as available plugin features, theme builder, full customize and others.
Especially for those who want SEO (Search Engine Optimization) on their website, WordPress by default is not yet SEO Friendly but can be customized easily.
To make a wordpress website into SEO there are some rules and plugins that we have to set.
Below are some recommended plugins and settings that I share:
a. SEO Optimization Plugins:
- All-In-One SEO (AIOSEO)This Plugin Will Set Up WordPress SEO Properly Without Hiring Experts. AIOSEO makes it easy to set up the right SEO and our intelligent setup wizard optimizes your website’s SEO settings based on your unique profile.
- YoastYoast SEO ensures your site meets the highest technical SEO standards. It also gives you the tools to optimize your content for SEO and overall readability.
b. Contact form 7
Easy-to-use and simple plugin to create contact forms.
c. W3 Total Cache
Plugin that functions for caching and increasing the pagespeed of the website.
d. Landing page Builders Theme
- Divi Elegant ThemeDivi is a completely new website building platform that replaces the standard WordPress post editor with a much superior visual editor.
- Avada ThemeAvada Website Builder is one of the most fully featured and powerful WordPress based Website Builders ever.
Recommended WordPress Settings
a. SEO Optimization Plugins Settings
At the back of the Page title and Post title formats, removed the extra “- %BLOG_TITLE%”. This is so that the title tag is not too long and avoids repeating the same keywords.
In order to avoid duplicate content on the website and save robot crawl time, please set noindex for the following pages:
- Search pages
b. Settings – Discussion – Then remove the top three checkboxes in the Default Article Settings section.
This is so that your website is not spammed by comments.
3. Settings – Permalink – Select Post Name
Make article URLs to be more flexible and neat according to target keywords.4. Remove link credit from WordPress theme in footer
You can use the “Remove Footer Credit” plugin or edit it directly from the Appearance menu > Editor > Footer.php.
This article comes from Calvin Tedja, the owner of Onni Rank SEO Specialist from Indonesia. Hopefully this article is useful.