Black Screen on OBS Studio
OBS Black Screen and How to Fix It OBS Studio – OBS Studio is one of the popular software used as screen recorder software on a PC or laptop. Besides being free (open source), the results of the screen recorder are also satisfactory.
For those of you who are using this application for the first time, there are problems that confuse you. The screen on the application is experiencing Black Screen on OBS Studio or is black, cannot access our PC screen.
Some laptops or PCs that use graphics cards such as Nvidia, OBS Studio cannot record the screen from a laptop or PC as shown in the following picture.
What caused it? This OBS Studio uses “Integrated Graphics Card”, not Nvidia Card.
But by default, our PC graphics settings are stored “Auto Select”. So it can change from Integrated Graphics to Nvidia Graphics or vice versa.
Now from this situation the OBS Studio application cannot access our PC screen.
By default these settings are found in the Nvidia Control Panel, friends, as shown in the following image.
So, how do you get OBS Studio to run using the “Integrated Graphics” Card? Follow these steps:
- Close the OBS Studio app if it’s still running
- Right Click on the Desktop screen
- Select the Nvidia Control Panel list
- Select the menu Manage 3D Settings
- Select the Program Settings menu
- Click on the Select a program to customize list
- Then select the Open Broadcaster Software application
- Click on the list Select the preferred graphics processor for this program
- Then select Integrated Graphics
- Click Apply.
- Close Nvidia Control Panel.
Then, friends, please reopen the OBS Studio application. If you have seen the OBS Studio screen change from black to your PC screen, it means that OBS Studio is running normally, as shown in the following image.
To be able to see the results of this OBS Studio recording, friends, please start recording your PC screen by clicking Start Recording.
Wait a few moments and click Stop Recording. Select the File menu > Show Recordings to open the folder where the recordings are stored. Please play the video.
This method does not open the Nvidia Control Panel but the settings in Windows 10.
- Open Windows Settings
- Go to System > Display
- Scroll down
- Click Graphics Settings
- Click the Browse button
- Select the OBS executable file (Location is at: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe)
- After the OBS is added, click OBS, then click Options
- Choose Power Saving
- Restart OBS
If you need this software, please download OBS Studio by clicking the link below.
I hope this article is useful.