VS1838B or TL1838 Sensor
IR Remote Sensor 1838B Arduino – Previously I had created an IR Remote TSOP1738 Tutorial. Today I tried a very cheap infrared receiver sensor, VS1838B or TL1838. This component is very easy to find in the market. Arduino remote control modules generally use this infrared receiver.
To read infrared data that comes, we first know the protocol used. The protocol simply is the communication language used. There are 4 most commonly used IR remote protocols:
VS1838B is one of the IR receivers produced by Shenzhen Lanfeng Technology (LFN). This component has a diode photo and IC embedded in one packaging, so it can be used directly on a microprocessor or microcontroller.
- Epoxy resin package and external protective anti-interference design;
- Width voltage, 2.7-5.5V;
- Low power consumption, width, and remote angle receipts;
- Strong anti-interference capabilities, can withstand environmental interference;
- Output according to TTL, CMOS level, and low-level effective level.
Max Value Rating
- Supply voltage up to 5.5V
- Detection distance of up to 15m
- Supply current up to 1.5mA
- Output voltage up to 4.5V
VS1838B Arduino Wiring
Now let’s make testing against VS1838B IR Remote Arduino. To be able to communicate between VS1838B and Arduino, please connect both as in the following circuit.
If you are a beginner and feel not familiar with the series above, you can try the IR receiver module that has been sold in the market.
IR Remote Library
After the Arduino and InfraRed sensor is connected, now download the Library for Arduino. This library will make it easier for us to convert signals received by photodetectors into hexadecimal data.
After that, including the library into Arduino IDE that has been downloaded by:
- Open Arduino IDE
- Click Sketch -> Include Library -> Add .zip library
- Point and select the library that you have downloaded
- Then click OK.
In this library there have been basic commandments that are very useful in coding processing. Here are the commands.
On the next page, we will learn basic commands and program code for using this IR sensor with Arduino.